Re: Merged HTML files for multiple products

Subject: Re: Merged HTML files for multiple products
From: Sandy Harris <sandy -at- storm -dot- ca>
To: Becky Nowacki <beckyn -at- firstlogic -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 22:19:16 -0400

Becky Nowacki wrote:

> I have a project that includes many products and an underlying system that
> has its own help file. I'm creating HTML help for Windows in ForeHelp.
>

> ... The solution I'm looking for is where the user
> has ProductA and ProductB and only those CHM files are able to be read by
> the customer. ..

Have a look at htmldoc, downloadable free from easysw.com. It lets you build
book files each with a list of HTML files and an output spec:
directory for
files with previous/contents/next links added
toc.html
or one big file with TOC in any of:
HTML
PDF
Postscript

I've no idea if it handles CHM files (or even what they are :-). Can you
turn them into clean HTML?