RE: Organizational structure - where does Doc sit?

Subject: RE: Organizational structure - where does Doc sit?
From: Pam Mandel <pmandel -at- nimble -dot- com>
To: 'Dana Ditomaso' <dana -at- caribousystems -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 13:27:33 -0700

Our Docs group is under Program Management. Each component has a PM.I attend
weekly meetings with the PM team, which keeps the docs team right in the
loop about what's happening with the product. As the manager of the docs
team, I report to the Director of PM, who reports to the CTO. This is
working really well for us. Big benefit? The Dir. of PM is totally aware of
docs and the requirements of my team for things like tech review by the
engineers, string review of the screens, etc... If those requirements don't
show up on the schedules the PMs are writing, he pushes it through for me
without the usual sort of "that's not our job" nonsense, coz he's a big gun.
I like it. We were originally lobbying to be part of engineering, but this
is working out just fine.

P.