Re: graphics becoming corrupt

Subject: Re: graphics becoming corrupt
From: Kathryn Hedges <khedges1 -at- san -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 02:48:39 -0700

I just had this problem on FrameMaker 5.5.6 on an Mac G3 running OS9. I
assumed my EPS conversions were buggy. I can see the flaw in the
graphics in the preview section of the File Import dialog, and I coulda
sworn they looked OK Friday night.

Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to try to solve it yet.

Kat

> Has anyone else experienced the following odd sort of corruption in
> imported graphics? Does anyone know how to fix it?

[snip]

> The corruption has two basic forms:
> (1) A horizontal row of pixels, say 10 to 50 pixels thick, running the
> length of the graphic will be shifted to the left or right about a quarter
> inch, so it is not aligned with the rest of the graphic. It looks on screen
> (and in print out) as though someone used sissors to cut a thin horizontal
> strip out of the graphic and slid it leftward (or rightward) a quarter of
> an inch.
[snip]