Re: Internal transfer

Subject: Re: Internal transfer
From: Linda Moore <lhmoore -at- pobox -dot- com>
To: NZjaba -at- phi -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 05:35:39 -0700

I just reread you original message and I think there is another possibility.
Since you interviewed with him before he saw your resume, I think the marketing
manager may about one of two things:

1. Will your current tech writing experience translate well into a marketing
environment?

2. Will you enjoy a marketing tech writing environment? The manager has set a
definite time limit for this probationary period - split job period. Once that
period is ended then you would be full time in the marketing department. During
the probationary period, you could decide to go back to your current full time
position. So long as the probationary period is no longer than the 3-6 month
period, you are in good shape, IMO. However, you might ask if the probationary
period could be ended earlier, if it is mutually agreeable.

Linda Moore