Re: Photo on Resume site or "Gee, get a load of my navel"

Subject: Re: Photo on Resume site or "Gee, get a load of my navel"
From: "Jane" <judydh -at- total -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 15:47:59 -0400

Oh god. I am so glad I just removed my photo from my resume.

That said, my site is _my_ site, and employers would get the full brunt of
my charming personality anyway, so if they can't handle anything but
shrinking violets, then my web site should be _just_ enough to dissuade them
from calling. My site has mellowed out with time...it hasn't got close-ups
of navel lint but it does have tattoos and left-leaning eat-your-granola
text bites and yes, lovely pictures of me me me me me. As soon as I can scan
some stuff, and then upgrade to a digital camera (think I might go with an
Olympus D 360L, comments anyone?) then the site might be a little more
innerestin.

So, Darren, no photo on resume, but show some creativity on your site. It
might serve as a bad-employer repellent.

Jane