OT:Ratio of writers to developers

Subject: OT:Ratio of writers to developers
From: Jan Shelton <jan -dot- shelton -at- sabre -dot- com>
To: Techwriter list Post <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 14:53:26 -0500

My manager is trying to come up with some industry comparisons as to the
number of writers (technical communicators - whatever) to application
developers. I know with the advance of web applications, this
distinction is getting more difficult, but if anyone can offer some
solid numbers I'd appreciate it.

You can send responses to me and I'll summarize and post to the lists.
This is cross posted to winhlp-l and techwr-l.

While you're at it, I might as well compare apples and apples. Along
with your responses, please include:

-Approximate number of people in your entire company.
-Approximate number of products your company produces that your
technical publications group (or you if you're the lone writer) support.

Jan Shelton
Principal
Sabre Inc.
jan -dot- shelton -at- sabre -dot- com