RE: VENT: This is why I hate FrontPage

Subject: RE: VENT: This is why I hate FrontPage
From: Stephen Arrants <sarrants -at- roidirect -dot- com>
To: 'Tracy Boyington' <tracy_boyington -at- okcareertech -dot- org>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 15:17:48 -0700

Tracy Boyington [mailto:tracy_boyington -at- okcareertech -dot- org] is having a bad
day with Front Page:

> Every time I mention my distaste for FrontPage, someone
> tells me it's the greatest thing since sliced bread and says
> "don't blame the tool, blame the user." [...]
> So... I've been struggling with it for over a week
> now, and it keeps eating my javascript. It's just a little
> mouseover, no big deal, but I keep getting it fixed, get it

> to work when previewed in a browser, and then going back to
> that page and finding it doesn't work.

Try inserting it as HTML, with the Insert Advanced HTML command.

FP won't check it for syntax or try to reformat it.\

Using the Microsoft Script Editor (available under Tools/Macro) also works.

steve arrants

Stephen Arrants
Manager of Technical Communications
ROI Direct.com