RE: Photo on Resume site or "Gee, get a load of my navel"

Subject: RE: Photo on Resume site or "Gee, get a load of my navel"
From: jsmith -at- informatica -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 12:20:47 -0700

[snip]
> I honestly don't know of any cases in which a resume
> posted to a personal home page has landed a job (feel
> free to mention any). Most of the time, the resume is
> posted so that recruiters can refer to it as a
> preliminary measure or when it cannot be sent. You'll
> probably find yourself sending it in by one of the
> tradition methods (email, fax, or snail mail) -
> complete with a cover letter.

I haven't actually gotten a job because my resume was on my personal web
page, but I get a load of emails from recruiting agencies who are trying to
woo me to apply for a different job. I just politely reply that I am not
currently looking for employment. But I still get amazed at how many emails
I get. (They come in droves, though. I think one person finds the resume
and then forwards it to a lot of people.)

Living in North America (Silicon Valley), I don't put my picture on my
resume, nor do I want to. However, anybody can go look at my personal part
of my website and look at my pictures of me and my friends. (No navels with
lint, thank goodness.)

Jennie Smith
jsmith -at- informatica -dot- com