Where have all the pedants gone.

Subject: Where have all the pedants gone.
From: Sandra Law <sklaw -at- cheetah -dot- spots -dot- ab -dot- ca>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 08:27:48 -0600

Where have all the pedants gone ... nowhere it seems. While theologians
may no longer be speculating on the number of angels that can dance on
the head of a pin, there are certainly some modern day pedants in the
field of Technical Writing (and likely a number of other professions).
Which tool is the best, how do we quantify stupid, should we provide
assistance on matters other list members consider something that should
not require assistance (use your own initiative dammit), do emoticons
convey emotion ....

Sandra Law