Request for a metadocument

Subject: Request for a metadocument
From: Sandra Law <sandra -dot- law -at- quest -dot- com>
To: 'TECHWR-L' <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 07:46:32 -0700

Documents with the characteristics that you describe may be referred to as
Engineering Requirements Documents (ERD)or Product Requirements Documents
(PRD). Documents of these types that I have encountered can have the
following components:

ERD
Purpose (generally state what deliverables will be, any enhancements to
product)
Development Plan
Prioritization of tasks
Project Details
Installation info
Configuration info
Listing of modules or components
Naming standards.

PRD
Purpose
Scope and Audience
Definitions & Acronyms
Product Description
Goals
-Features
-Updates
-Marketing
Milestones
Project Details
-Enhancements
-New Features
-Upgrades and Patches

The PRD resembles a Project Plan.

Not complete I realize but gives you some idea of content.

Sandra Law