Re: Pray for me

Subject: Re: Pray for me
From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 15:20:31 -0400

Take a moment to design and print an attractive placard to hang on the
outside of your cubicle that says, "Lack of planning on your part does
not constitute and emergency on my part."

Then set to work at a reasonable pace to tackle the job. When your boss
comes to you on Thursday and asks for the finished help system, point to
the placard and keep working. What's the worst that can happen? In
today's job market, being fired would be a better outcome for you than

getting ulcers over trying to do the impossible. If the manager has any
sense at all, he'll offer to bring in additional contractors to help get
the job done in two weeks instead of a month. Otherwise, finish up and
circulate your resume in the meantime.