RE: Screen Capture Question

Subject: RE: Screen Capture Question
From: Glen Warner <gdwarner -at- ricochet -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 03:24:23 -0700

"Skilton Katherine (ism1kns)" <KSkilton -at- ismd -dot- ups -dot- com> wrote:

> I use FullShot. I think it does a decent job, once you turn off all
the dumb
> default stuff that shows up on your title bars. Well, I find it
annoying,
> but others might not. I think FullShot does a decent job though. The
only
> trouble I've run into is saving images with many colors as .gifs.
FullShot

> tells you there are too many colors, etc. So, I end up saving as a
.png.

On the Mac, I'm using SnapzPro. It allows me to grab menus, windows,
full screens, and polygonal selections of screen real estate (which
basically means I have a drag-bar which I can shape in any way I
wish). File formats include .PICT, .gif, .jpg, .png, .tiff, and any I
wish to add (Graphic Converter, a popular image editor on the Mac),
handles any conversions to formats not listed above.

Mouse cursor can be shown or not -- your choice.

I can also capture on-screen movement in QuickTime (.mov) format; good
for demos and such (G4 advised).

--gdw

> Kate Skilton

Obligatory .sig:

"Dis information is better than dat information."
--spies everywhere, at one time or another