Re: Tech writing situation

Subject: Re: Tech writing situation
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Emily Cotlier <Emily_Cotlier -at- cardlink -dot- co -dot- nz>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 20:43:47 -0700 (PDT)

To make a long answer short...

You've expressed your feelings to both New Marketing Guy (NMG) and
CEO. As an employee, your job is to do your job as best you can.
Nothing is gong to change things right now. Do your job
professionaly, give whatever assistance you can, and if it goes
right, you will look good for donig your part in making everyone look
good, and if it doesn't go well, you've expressed your feeling and
you did the best you can.

Our job is not PRIMARILY to be respected..our job is to do your job
and with it will come the respect.

--- Emily Cotlier <Emily_Cotlier -at- cardlink -dot- co -dot- nz> wrote:

> I'm dealing with a very annoying tech writing situation here, and I
> wanted
> to get some perspective on it. The three players are: me (tech
> writer w/MS
> and 2+ years solid experience at the company), a newish
> international
> marketing guy (with our company 3 months), and our CEO. The
> location is a
> small software company.

=====
John Posada
Technical Writer
mailto:john -at- tdandw -dot- com
732-259-2874

Only in America... do they have drive-up ATM machines
with Braille lettering

http://mail.yahoo.com/