Another name for QA dept.

Subject: Another name for QA dept.
From: <kanerb -at- concentric -dot- net>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- co" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 17:07:40 -0700

OK, since no one else has said it (unless I missed something) -- I'll post
this to the list.

At one of the greatest places I ever worked (Artisoft), it was called the
Test Engineering department.

I thought that was much more descriptive than QA. What these guys do is test
software. I think Quality Assurance is a sorry buzz-phrase that smacks of
false promises.

Hasn't anyone else worked someplace where they called it Test Engineering?
Surely we weren't unique.

Beth Kane
Senior Communications Specialist
PersonalGenie Inc., Tucson group
KaneRB -at- concentric -dot- net

Previous by Author: Re: Immigration to Canada
Next by Author: PDF to XML conversion
Previous by Thread: RE: What's another name for QA?
Next by Thread: RE: Another name for QA dept.

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads