Re: Immigration to Canada

Subject: Re: Immigration to Canada
From: Jane Credland <jane -dot- credland -at- quintus -dot- com>
To: Kandis Weiner <kandis -at- toonboom -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 09:38:34 -0700

Kandis Weiner wrote:

> Landed immigrancy is different from a working visa, and is a little bit
> more complicated to get. In fact I know no other way of getting landed
> immigrancy than by being sponsored by a spouse or family member...

Unless they've changed the rules over the past couple of years, Canadian
immigration works on a point system. You get X points for things like
employment status, education, family, and a whole host of other things.
However, that said, it's much easier to emigrate/immigrate to Canada if
a company is willing to sponsor you for landed immigrant status.

Anyone who is interested really needs to talk to an immigration lawyer
and to check out the other resources posted by Elizabeth Ross.

Oh, and about NAFTA, that only applies to working visas for citizens of
the US, Canada, and Mexico who have certain qualifications.

jane -dot- credland -at- quintus -dot- com

Previous by Author: Re: OT: IE 5 *required* for accessing a web site?!
Next by Author: Re: OT: Music
Previous by Thread: Re: Immigration to Canada
Next by Thread: RoboHelp 5.x error message

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads