Skills

Subject: Skills
From: Mariann Foster <mfoster -at- san-jose -dot- tt -dot- slb -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 08:28:24 +0100

As a recent college grad I though I would add my two cents to this discussion.

First cent, see if your college offers any career help. I was recruited right out of college through my college's career center. Companies that recruit strait out of college are more willing to take on an in-experienced writer.

Second cent, a professor gave me this piece of advice a couple of years ago, if a company is looking for engineers, programers, etc apply anyway. Most companies looking for engineers or programers need tech writers too. When I applied for my current job they where looking for engineers. When the recruiter saw my resume, he remembered that my boss was looking for another writer, so I got the job.

Good luck to you,

Mariann Foster