RE: JavaHelp or WebHelp

Subject: RE: JavaHelp or WebHelp
From: "Justin Cascio" <justin-paul -dot- geo -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 15:08:20 -0400

Perhaps I'm simply cranky. In the last two contracts I've worked on, the
companies used new technologies when they did the job worse than older
technologies. At one, they used an internet-based application for internal
help desk personnel. At another, they used a Java application, again for
internal use. Either one could have been developed more effectively and
cheaply using the techologies already in use in these companies.

Even using the latest JDK, not all tags and styles are applied.

Justin Cascio
Pro-Logic & Adjustable Choke
Outsource Documentation and Online Help
justin-paul -dot- geo -at- yahoo -dot- com <mailto:justin-paul -dot- geo -at- yahoo -dot- com>
sarchasm The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who
doesn't get it.