Re: "Me too!" reviews (was SMEs and me)

Subject: Re: "Me too!" reviews (was SMEs and me)
From: "Sierra Godfrey" <kittenbreath -at- hotbot -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 16:34:12 -0700

Thankyou, Geoff and Dawson. Excellent suggestions from all who was good enough to respond to me. It's true, I am a Lone tech writer, and with little experience, and it's going to be a struggle for me to assert myself.
Now, good planning next time will be the key. I'll take the organization and review procedure suggestions into account.

Part of the problem in this project was that everything was done haphazardly with the engineers, while we all should have been meeting to make sure we were on the same page and that they understood it was my manual, and that I had a deadline.

But I have new dertmination that the situation will not be repeated, and that appropriate steps to seeing a manual out the door will be taken, and the manual will go out the door, on my deadline. (Before all of you start laughing at that vow, let me add that the manual is still being delivered on its appointed day, because that's the way I work, despite the engineer spending the whole day nitpicking.)

Anyway, I appreciate your suggestions.
Sierra

HotBot - Search smarter.
http://www.hotbot.com