OT: Voice translation software

Subject: OT: Voice translation software
From: Aoidìn Scully <ascully -at- flexicom -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 10:20:40 +0100

Hi folks,

Does anyone know of software that can convert multiple voices to text?

Basically, I'm having to transcribe multiple conversations that have been
recorded over the phone onto an audio tape.

Is there any software that can do this automatically for me? Many different
people are involved, so there's no real way that the software can 'learn'
the person's voice.

Software that could do this would save me a lot of time, and therefore
money. Is it viable? Or am I just being too ambitious?

Thanks,

Aoidin