Calling all Word 97 users

Subject: Calling all Word 97 users
From: "Madeline Bechtold" <talking_rain -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 17:19:49 PDT

Hi everybody,

I'm creating a Word template for my husband, who's writing a tech spec for his client. We found out this afternoon that the client still runs Word 97. Unfortunately, I've created the template in Word 2000, and I no longer have Word 97. Moral of the story: Never, EVER throw old software away... :(

Anyway, I'm looking for someone out there who has Word 97 and a few spare minutes. I've saved the template in two formats: Word 97 and RTF (backup). I just need someone to open each file and confirm that it opens OK and that the save conversion didn't inadvertantly generate hideous formatting oddities.

I don't have much experience with Word's conversion filters, so maybe I'm fretting for nothing, but better that than being needlessly careless. Please respond to me directly, and TIA!

Madeline Bechtold
talking_rain -at- hotmail -dot- com