RE: Linux

Subject: RE: Linux
From: Gil Yaker <gyaker -at- mci -dot- net>
To: Techwriter List <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 16:07:07 -0400

I'd actually suggest that like someone else mentioned, you pronounce it the
way the SMEs you will be interviewing pronounce it. The pronunciation of
Linux is actually a touchy subject for many and if you pronounce the word
your way (the wrong way) in front of a sysadmin or other engineer, you loose
credibility and thus get your relationship off on the wrong foot.

I would discourage use of Lie-nucks and instead, Lin-ucks. It's the geekier,
thus right, pronunciation.

...err you know what i mean :)

Gil Yaker tel:703/886.1816
Technical Writer fax:703/886.0048
WorldCom vBNS+ gyaker -at- mci -dot- net
/// very high-performance Backbone Network Service+ ///