Writing a retrospective report

Subject: Writing a retrospective report
From: Gil Yaker <gyaker -at- mci -dot- net>
To: Techwriter List <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 16:24:23 -0400

Hey all,

Need some pointers here. I've been tasked with writing a historical (an?)
perspective on my organization, innovations, politics, war stores, and all
that good stuff to publish as a glossy riveting corporate report.

Unfortunately my main strength is pretty much as a TECHwriter, so this task
is a little foreign to me. It seems more like an investigative report that,
you know - if done right, could win me a Pulitzer.

But anyway, could anyone point me towards some basics on how to organize
such a piece? Maybe pointers on how to conduct interviews, understand how to
structure a paper before I know how the content will turn out, etc...

thnx!
Gil

Gil Yaker tel:703/886.1816
Technical Writer fax:703/886.0048
WorldCom vBNS+ gyaker -at- mci -dot- net
/// very high-performance Backbone Network Service+ ///