Re: Linux

Subject: Re: Linux
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: Dan Emory <danemory -at- primenet -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 15:42:42 -0700

Dan Emory wrote:

> That's what I'd do (i.e., take my pick). The only thing I'd add is,
> once you've chosen the pronunciation you prefer, warn all
> Linux snobs in advance of any conversation with them that if they
> sneer, giggle, or make faces about your pronunciation,
> they're liable to get punched in the nose.

Personally, I wait to hear how they pronounce it :-)

Anyway, the REAL snobs are the ones who insist that GNOME should
be pronounced "guh-nome-eh".

--
Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
Contributing Editor, Maximum Linux

"I know the bottom, she says. I know it with my great tap root.
It is what you fear.
I do not fear it: I have been there."
-Sylvia Plath, "Elm"