Re: Linux

Subject: Re: Linux
From: Dan Emory <danemory -at- primenet -dot- com>
To: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 15:35:37 -0700

At 03:08 PM 6/25/00 -0700, Bruce Byfield wrote:

Michele Davis <mdavis -at- bitstream -dot- net> wrote:

>OK. We're all writer, right? So, is it Linux (with an i sound) or Linux
>(with an e sound)? My vote is for Linux with an "i", but everyone I know
>pronounces with with an "e". Opine away.

One thing about the Open Source community: there's no single
standard.

Take your pick. Both are widely used, and will continue to be
used, no matter what claims of authority are made.

Personally, I find myself veering between the two, depending on
how the person I'm talking to pronounces it.
That's what I'd do (i.e., take my pick). The only thing I'd add is,
once you've chosen the pronunciation you prefer, warn all
Linux snobs in advance of any conversation with them that if they
sneer, giggle, or make faces about your pronunciation,
they're liable to get punched in the nose.
| Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
Voice/Fax: 949-722-8971 E-Mail: danemory -at- primenet -dot- com
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646
majordomo -at- omsys -dot- com with "subscribe framers" (no quotes) in the body.