intranet database file with A to Z hotspot graphics?

Subject: intranet database file with A to Z hotspot graphics?
From: "Dianne Moscrip" <dmoscrip -at- direct -dot- ca>
To: "Tech Writer" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 23:39:38 -0700

I've been asked to prepare an personnel phone/department database from an
excel file with A to Z graphics at the top, where the user can click on any
one of the graphics (i.e., A) and go to all those names (either first or
last) that begin with that letter. I'm not sure if Excel does this, or even
what software program would. I'm thinking it's more of an index function
that you'd ordinarily find in ForeHelp or RoboHelp. Would Access be able to
do this? I'd appreciate any help. Specifically, I'm looking for
recommendations of what software would be able to do this.

This file, once complete, will go on an intranet with search capabilities to
find people by first or last name, or A to Z.

Dianne Moscrip
Web Editor
WCB
dmoscrip -at- wcb -dot- bc -dot- ca

Dianne Moscrip
The words that enlighten the soul are more precious than jewels. Hazrat
Inayat Khan