Re: Introduction and Question

Subject: Re: Introduction and Question
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Shannon Kornis <real_mccoy97 -at- yahoo -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 11:11:54 -0700 (PDT)

Welcome, Shannon...

Question...what are you writing in? Word?

If so, what I've done in the past is that each time a version is
published, I do a revision comparison and print the document as well as
save it as that version.

OTOH, with unlimited money and resources, you could implement a system
such as Documentum. I used it at a previous gig amd everytime I'd check
out a new document, wortk in it, save it, and check it back in, it
automaticaly saves the version as well as all previous versions (some of
my web pages were updated by an external system multiple times a day and
had hundreds of previous versions).

> My question: As we bring a state online, we develop a standard ?set?
> of documentation for each state. But, as we move forward and the
> product/state changes, the documentation needs to change, also. What
> is the tried and true method of tracking changes (versions) to
> documentation? The company wants to track where the state ?was? and
> were it currently is. I am looking into implementing PVCS Version
> Tracker, but I?m not sure if this is the best method. Any
> suggestions/advice?

=====
John Posada
jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com
john -at- tdandw -dot- com
732-291-7811
A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why.

http://im.yahoo.com/