ATEX 100 certification

Subject: ATEX 100 certification
From: "Henry Vandelinde" <HenryV -at- milltronics -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 13:29:15 -0400

Hi all,

One week on the job and I'm pushed into the internaltional market.

Our company distributes a lot of product into the EEC, and we translate into the main Euro languages where our market is the strongest.

I'm told that the ATEX 100 reg. re. tech docs insist that the docs are provided in the language of the country the product is sold in.

The problem, of course, is that in some of the smaller markets it may not be cost effective when it comes to providing translated manuals for a large range of products. Thus, do we scale back manuals? Do we drop markets? Or do we figure out how to keep markets, provide good docs, and be cost effective. Apparantly it is the latter, and, appararantly, finding out how to do so is also my job.

Thus, before I run screaming into the night, I would like to hear from other people whose companies are facing the same situation. Swap ideas, if you will. I'll post all relevant info back to the list for the edification of all.

While I'm at it, I'd be grateful for pointers to sites that contain info on ATEX 100 regs that deal with tech docs.

Thanks,

Henry

Henry Vandelinde, Ph.D.
Technical Documentation