RE: Tech Writer screening questions

Subject: RE: Tech Writer screening questions
From: "Jeanne A. E. DeVoto" <jaed -at- jaedworks -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 02:00:47 -0700

At 8:36 AM -0700 6/13/2000, Charter, Tara M. wrote:
>> Q: In what instance would you use an imperative vs a continuance vs a
>> directive?
>> A: i don't know = not very experienced
>> A: An imperative is a ____ and is used to ____; A continuance is a ____
>> and is used to _______; A directive is a _____ and is used to ______ =
>> somewhat experienced or freshly graduated from college grammar
> A: A document has quality and depth if all imperatives are followed
>by a continuance and have a directive. An example from my portfolio is
>______ = experienced

Am I the only one who's noticed that not one of the proposed answers above
actually answers the question asked? The first is an admission of
ignorance, but the other two are non-sequiters.

Given these three answers, I'd have to tilt my decision toward the single
candidate who can understand English. ;-)

--
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ jaed -at- jaedworks -dot- com
http://www.jaedworks.com