RE: Tech Writer screening questions

Subject: RE: Tech Writer screening questions
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 11:46:18 -0400

Elizabeth:

I'm not sure there really is a set of questions that apply globally. I
recommend you just use the resume as a pre-screening tool.

Otherwise, why not pre-screen based on your needs.

1) For example, if you are looking for a moderately experienced writer ask,
"have your been a writer for 5-8 years?" and, "what roles have you had in
your writing projects?" or, questions about the types of documentation the
candidates have authored.

2) If you want someone with particular tool use ask, "have you used
FrameWordHelp 2001?" or whatever.

In the end, methinks you have to review resumes. Perhaps you could train
your H.R. people to read the resumes with your thoughts in mind?

Best regards,

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com