Re: The Writer

Subject: Re: The Writer
From: "Steven J. Owens" <puff -at- netcom -dot- com>
To: Charter -dot- Tara -at- mayo -dot- edu
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 12:05:58 -0700 (PDT)

Charter, Tara M. writes:
> You can try to make me part of a group - but I will always stand out
> You can try to label me - but you will have to change it daily
> You can challenge me - and I will welcome it
> for I am the writer

A lot of good ideas on how to approach the everyday vicissitudes
we face on the job, but it needs something more to wrap it up. To
quote myself from a message I posted here a couple years back:

"Writing is what I do, not who I am."

Steven J. Owens
puff -at- netcom -dot- com

P.S. If you're interested, the whole thing is at:
http://www.guild.net/~puff/randomwritings/jobtitles.txt