Re: Web Software to use? Beyond Press, FrontPage, Dreamwe

Subject: Re: Web Software to use? Beyond Press, FrontPage, Dreamwe
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- okvotech -dot- org>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 10:36:26 -0500

John Posada wrote:

> I think it's an insult to web designers everywhere to believe that reading
> a book in two weeks and knowing how to create an image map is the same as
> designing, laying out, and composing a business-calibre web site.

Well, there are two issues here -- learning HTML and completing the assignment.
I don't see why the poster couldn't whip out a simple intranet site using
either a WYSIWYG editor or a book, and then learn how to re-do it the right
way. ;-)

BTW, while a WYSIWYG editor may seem like a good way to learn HTML, IME it's
exactly the opposite. I'd use a good text-based editor instead (I learned using
an old version of HotDog Pro).

Tracy
Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education
Stillwater, Oklahoma http://www.okvotech.org/cimc