Re: Re[2]: Web Software to use? Beyond Press, FrontPage, Dreamwe

Subject: Re: Re[2]: Web Software to use? Beyond Press, FrontPage, Dreamwe
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: John Prince <JPrince -at- e-talkcorp -dot- com>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 08:24:55 -0700 (PDT)

I think it's an insult to web designers everywhere to believe that reading
a book in two weeks and knowing how to create an image map is the same as
designing, laying out, and composing a business-calibre web site.

Staring at a blank screen and entering code for a multipage crosslinked
web site from scratch is different than understanding the theory and
composition of web elements.

That's like saying that becuase I understand grammer, I can create a
software user manual.
> "And in 30 days, when they come to him and say "Dude! Let's see what ya
> got
> so far." and he says "Well, I don't have a page up yet, but GOLLY!!! I
> KNOW HOW TO CREATE HYPERLINKS FROM SCRATCH!!""
>
> Really? My wife (a college student) finished the book in two weeks and
> now knows
> how to markup HTML better than most Technical Writers I know. She can
> create
> image maps, server-side includes, layers, and even learned CSS2 by
> reading the
> book.

=====
John Posada
jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com
john -at- tdandw -dot- com
732-291-7811
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Benjamin Franklin

Yahoo! Photos -- now, 100 FREE prints!
http://photos.yahoo.com