RE: Client from Hell redux

Subject: RE: Client from Hell redux
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 10:39:29 -0400

Hallo:

This thread is doing some marvelous things, it's almost as spectacular as
the Epcot fireworks that I got to see after the STC Orlando meeting!

Isn't the answer to this the age-old "know your audience"? I mean, didn't
Andrew know his audience enough to anticipate their reaction to his using
the server versus getting the job done? And, wasn't he right? If he was
working for the ISO 9K company from Hell, he probably would have acted
differently, as would I <vbg>. (However, such a company would probably have
met his needs in a more timely fashion.)

Further, as has been pointed out, any company that cared about security
would have had a known public policy and passwords in place to take care of
interlopers.

Finally, plumbers? speeding? Come on. I speed, not as outrageously as I used
to (plus, these days my cars are slower), but speed limits are not about
truth, justice, and the American way: they are about revenue and appeasing
special interests. How ethical is that? And, if speed limits are set up in
such a way, should we follow unethical laws? What would the Nuremberg
precedent be? Wow! What a tangent. But, hey, most of this post relates . .
..

Bottom line, give it up, folks. Andrew even stepped in with a clarification
on this, which he seldom does. Andrew did what I would have. I'd hire him
too, if I had the $$$ and the need . . ..

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com