RE: Signing bonus

Subject: RE: Signing bonus
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 10:42:16 -0400

At my last job, I asked for and was given a signing bonus as a condition of
employment. However, I had the advantage of knowing the company hiring
wanted me specifically and I left a company at which I was sort-of, mostly,
happy . . . well, comfortable and secure, anyway.

It is my experience, and the experience of many writers I know, that signing
bonuses are unusual for techwriters, though, and if I were hiring I'd not
offer one unless the circumstances were really unusual.

Best regards,

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com