RE: Finder's fee

Subject: RE: Finder's fee
From: John Garison <jgarison -at- ide -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 10:36:52 -0400

At my little startup (well, not so little any more) tech writers are treated
just like every other development department employee. Currently our bonus
is $2500 + 4 day trip to Bahamas, AND you get entered in a contest with $20k
in prizes. With recruiting fees now averaging between 25%-35% of the
employee's salary, this is a bargain for the company.

So far, I've hired 5 writers without paying an agency fee yet. Alas, as
manager of the department, I'm not eligible for fees for anyone I find and
hire into my group ...

John

John Garison
Documentation Manager