Word problem

Subject: Word problem
From: Michele Davis <mdavis -at- bitstream -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 19:28:08 -0500

OK, I'm going to sound like a moron, but I cannot for the life of me
figure out what is wrong! I am using Word2000, I am using Heading 1 and
have defined page numbers from the Insert|Page Numbers dialog. I have 70
chapters, beginning with chapter 17 the chapters stand-alone. But for
some reason the footer REFUSES to take 17-1, 17-2 as the page numbers,
and consistently displays 1-1, 1-2, even if I force the page number.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks. Michele
--
michele e. davis