Re: ALT 2, Brute'?

Subject: Re: ALT 2, Brute'?
From: Glen Warner <gdwarner -at- ricochet -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 03:48:23 -0700

"Jeanne A. E. DeVoto" <jaed -at- jaedworks -dot- com> wrote:
> The generic advice for the alt attribute is that it should replace
the
> graphic, not describe it. (You can use the title attribute to
describe the
> graphic, if desired.)

.... which does not work in Netscape, as I recently discovered. I'm
thinking about a Javascript to do the same thing ... but I don't think
they want Java to be used in this small project. :o\

Also, I've noticed that (on occasion), my alt tags show up and appear
truncated when I'm checking my work on a given page. Is there a limit
to the number of characters you can have in an ALT tag, maybe?

--gdw

(*snip*)