Re: Training Feedback

Subject: Re: Training Feedback
From: Glen Warner <gdwarner -at- ricochet -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 18:35:58 -0700

Susan Pearson <spearson -at- espial -dot- com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I conducted a training session last week for one of my company's
> partners, and I wanted to send him a feedback form so that I can get
an
> idea of where I need improvement. I'm not really sure what to ask
him,
> as I am new to this whole 'training' thing (apparently, 'technical
> writer' means 'I'll do anything that nobody else wants to do').

Heh.

> I know I should ask him what his expectations were, and whether or
not the
> training met his expectations, and what he thought of the materials,
> exercises, etc., but outside of that, I'm not sure what else I
should be
> asking him.

Susie, I saw a book which was apparently written for someone in your
situation today. It was called "The Instant Trainer: Quick Tips on
How to Teach Others What you Know," by C. Leslie Charles and Chris
Clarke-Epstein.

Please note that I have *not actually read this book* -- but I did
look through it briefly, and dutifully wrote the title down for
inclusion in my Big List of Books to Get via Interlibrary Loan.

From the blurb, there are sample evaluation forms in the book as well.

The book also has a 5-star average review on amazon.com ... which you
shouldn't pay too much attention to, since it's only been reviewed by
one person. :o)

Either way, stop by your local book store (or library) and build your
evaluation sheet from theirs.

Good luck .....

--gdw