RE: Writing Technical Documentation

Subject: RE: Writing Technical Documentation
From: "Charter, Tara M." <Charter -dot- Tara -at- mayo -dot- edu>
To: "'Kenny, Jill'" <jill -dot- kenny -at- corp -dot- bellsouth -dot- net>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 10:04:00 -0500

Jill,

You should grasp the opportunity to expand into this world of technical
specifications that I have found fascinating. Afterall, you've been doing
some of this already and just didn't realize it. I'm sure you've gathered
requirements for your Help in order to meet the user's needs.

There's a few resources you won't want to be without:
Ben Kovitz: Practical Software Requirements: A Manual of Content and Style.
Karl Wiegers: Software Requirements by Microsoft Press.

I'm sure the archives at the techwhirl site list many additional resources
and helpful advice.

Tara