Re: Comma preferences

Subject: Re: Comma preferences
From: Elizabeth Ross <beth -at- vcubed -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 10:00:55 -0400

From Strunk & White, Elements of Style, Third Edition:

4. Place a comma before a conjunction introducing an independent clause.

. . Two-part sentences of which the second member is introduced by as (in
the sense of "because"), for, or, nor, or while (in the sense of "and at the
same time") likewise require a comma before the conjunction.

Cheers!
--
Elizabeth Ross
Senior Technical Writer, V3 Semiconductor Corp.