Doc2Help / Capture Professional interface qy

Subject: Doc2Help / Capture Professional interface qy
From: Ellen Bauerle <ebaue -at- advantagecs -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM'" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 09:12:45 -0400

I'm interested in using CaptureProfessional to take screen shots, in the
form of bitmaps, that will then be inserted in our manuals. We prepare them
using Doc-2-Help. These are the programs I'm being asked to use; at the
moment alternatives aren't a possibility.

CaptureProfessional appears to be producing the images correctly. Yet when
I insert them in the manual, I get only a reference to an image (in the form
of {ewl d2htls32.dll, D2H_256Color, cap013.bmp} or else a blank area).

In the message I recognize what looks like a device driver (the .dll) and
the name of the file I'm trying to insert (cap013.bmp), causing me to think
this is a ref to the image that the file plans to pull when it prints. This
is just a guess.

CaptureProfessional's support has not had an answer; the mfgr of Doc-2-Help
hasn't answered yet.

My boss wants a solution ASAP; has anyone butted heads against this pair of
programs?

Thanks much from a newbie--

Ellen Bauerle
Advantage Computing Systems