RE: Political Correctness (Was Re: Master/Slave)

Subject: RE: Political Correctness (Was Re: Master/Slave)
From: "Hager, Harry (US - East Brunswick)" <hhager -at- dc -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 11:00:15 -0500

Listers,

While we're at it, I guess we need to find substitutes for these words that
must offend somebody out there:

* FAT, as in file allocation table
* Short, as in short circuit
* Thin, as in thin client
* UNIX, spelling is okay but we have to change the pronunciation
* SCSI, it just sounds dirty, right?
* Heterogeneous systems
* Homogeneous systems

We've already started down this slippery slope of PC. The only real question
left is how far will we go?

Jim Hager
Hhager -at- dc -dot- com