RE: Tracking Review Comments

Subject: RE: Tracking Review Comments
From: "Guru Kamath" <guru -at- bom5 -dot- vsnl -dot- net -dot- in>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 19:04:06 +0530

Hello Jeff,

You missed Janice Gelb's talk at Cincinnati (STC Conference) on Making
Technical Reviews More Efficient. This talk covered how to use a database
to track review comments. (Janice was the Project Lead for Read Me First --
the Sun Style Guide.)

If you have access to the STC Conference Proceedings of May 1999 in hard
copy you will find it on page 342. If on CD, you can search it by author. I
am sure it is available on the STC site at http://www.stc.org too.

I gave de-briefing seminars in India in several cities and covered this
topic based on her talk. I had the privilege of listening to Janice in
person and felt what she said made a lot of sense.

I also feel that you need some kind of automation (mainly macros I
suppose)to pick all the review comments and consolidate them. Tracking
corrections may not be necessary as these are straight-forward -- it is
comments which usually need resolution.

Best wishes for your efforts.

Guru
guru -at- bom5 -dot- vsnl -dot- net -dot- in