Re: Employee experience.

Subject: Re: Employee experience.
From: "Joel" <coatesj -at- cadvision -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l digest recipients" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 00:47:21 -0600

Regarding the "problem" new employee, Lisa.

Have we all forgotten we all had to start somewhere? I once was in the
position of getting a lucky break when entering our profession. I was at the
receiving end of a lot of crap because I was the "f---king newbie".
Fortunately, there was one person who gave me some latitude. So I gained
some badly needed professional experience. She admonished me that some day I
would be in the position of "been there, done that, and have the T-shirt to
prove it", but I should be helpful instead of showing professional
arrrogance.

I worked with two summer students in the last three years. They were as
green as grass and seemly "as dumb as a sack of hammers". Both I and they
survived the experience. More to my learning than theirs.

Regards,

Joel Coates
Frontier Communication Ltd.
Calgary, Alberta Canada