Re: Help! Framemaker vs. Quark (LONG)

Subject: Re: Help! Framemaker vs. Quark (LONG)
From: Wil Gaffga <WilG -at- gibbscam -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 13:38:41 -0700

Lisa Wright wrote:

> Quark is not designed for book production. The base product cannot generate
> a TOC or an index. You cannot have multiple files grouped into a single
> book.

Unfortunately this information is outdated. QXP 4.x does all of this. The
TOC generation is excellent and the book generation from separate files
works very well. Unfortunately, Indexing is poor.

So, while I agree QXP is not an appropriate tool to use, it is just not for
these reasons. Personally, I feel that a Quark user should not fear moving
from 3.3x to 4.x. Sure, 4 had some issues when first released but that was
over 2 years ago.

Wil