PVCS for documentation?

Subject: PVCS for documentation?
From: jennifer -at- metaware -dot- com (Jennifer Banks)
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 11:45:49 -0700 (PDT)

I saw a comment in a recent post about PVCS not being the best version-
control software for documentation. The poster mentioned the specific
problem that PVCS occasionally changes file extensions.

I couldn't find any other information about PVCS in the archives.

Our department uses RCS; our company is looking at adopting PVCS. Can
anyone give me feedback about PVCS (is it appropriate for documentation
version-control, are there any specific problems we should be aware of
if we switch, etc.)? Feedback would be especially welcome from those
who have switched to PVCS from another tool.

Please respond off-list (I'm on digest) and I will post a summary.

TIA,

- Jennifer Banks
jennifer -at- metaware -dot- com