System Requirements

Subject: System Requirements
From: Bernd Hutschenreuther <bernd -dot- hutschenreuther -at- net-linx -dot- de>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 10:23:00 +0200

Bryan Sherman wrote:

>Dual Monitors?: If you have a Mac or Win 98 you can support dual monitors.
We have Dell Latitudes that support dual monitors. We can display different
programs on our external monitors and out laptop displays. This has proven
invaluable while documenting programs (the issue of running program and
authoring software on same machine notwithstanding). ...

Hi,

I asked for a system with dual monitors on one machine, but it was too
expensive. But we found another way. I got a second computer, only the
application is running on, it is an older Pentium 130, but it is fast
enough. For the documentation I got a much faster machine.
I like it much to have the application separated from the DTP system. So I
can see and use the application the same way as the users, I have the full
picture and I do not have to switch between the applications.
(For screen shot transfer, I use the internal net.)

Best regards,
Bernd
Bernd Hutschenreuther / Technical Writer
net-linx Europe GmbH Dresden / mailto:Bernd -dot- Hutschenreuther -at- prepress -dot- de
Kaethe-Kollwitz-Ufer 76 / tel: (+49) 351-31875-732
01309 Dresden, Germany / fax: (+49) 351-31875-550
Home: +49-351-8483427 ;-) mailto:Bernd -dot- Hutschenreuther -at- sz-online -dot- de