No specifications

Subject: No specifications
From: tudsbery -at- matranet -dot- com (Edwin Tudsbery)
To: "Tech list" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 11:26:53 +0200

I'm writing a manual for a product with no specs. The developers don't write
anything about what they're up to, and what they're planning for the future.
Part of the problem seems to lie in the fact that most of the source code
for the product is licensed from another company.

Have other people encountered this problem? What have they done to resolve
the situation? What can I do to persuade the developers to put their ideas
to paper?

+ Edwin Tudsbery +
+ Technical writer +
+ mailto:tudsbery -at- matranet -dot- com +
+ http://www.matranet.com +