Two interfaces, one product

Subject: Two interfaces, one product
From: scott -at- soffront -dot- com
To: techwr-l
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 11:29:19 -0700

Hi,
I need some recommendations. I am writing paper documentation for a product
that has two different interfaces: one standard, the other through a Web
browswer (Internet Explorer or Netscape Communicator).
The basic functionality is shared between the interfaces, but the screens
are drastically different. In addition, some buttons are also inconsistent.
I just finished a 50 page first draft, but completely neglected the second
interface. I'm trying to decided whether to start a new guide just for the
second interface, or somehow intertwine the second interface into the
first. Did I mention I used many screen shots? I could easily double the
guide to 100 pages (because the procedures a just a bit different).
Has anyone else faced a similiar situation? I'd love to see some examples.
Please respond via e-mail:
scott -at- soffront -dot- com

Thank you!
Scott