HTML Help

Subject: HTML Help
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "List, Techwriter" <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 08:35:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, guys...

It appears that I start a new contract next week doing an html
help application. It will be created from scratch

I don't have a problem with know how to do the help system.

What I am looking for is for those that have done html helps,
knowing what you know now vs what you may have known when you
started it, what effective but unconventional features would you
have incorporated into it from the beginning. Keep in mind that
I'm not looking for the "feature because I can" approach...it
must enhance the user's ability to navigate or learn.

I'm thinking along the lines of:

Would you have included avi motion files?
Sound?
downloadable files?
Input and response Forms?
etc.

What have you seen, that when you did, you went "WOW! Cool!!!
Why didn't I think of that?"

That's it. Thanks

=====
John Posada, Merck Research Laboratories
Sr Technical Writer, WinHelp and html
(work) john_posada -at- merck -dot- com - 732-594-0873
(pers) jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com - 732-291-7811
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Benjamin Franklin

http://im.yahoo.com/